Our client is a successful OEM manufacturer based in the Tyne and Wear area with an international client base. The company has experienced significant growth and now wish to appoint a Buyer to be based within their team in Washington on a 6 month contract.
Duties will include:
- Inputting orders into MRP system
- Expediting and rescheduling orders
- Sourcing and negotiating with existing and alternative suppliers
- Supplier relationship management
- Liaising with production and planning departments to ensure timely material availability
- Control of material stock levels
- Ongoing maintenance of MRP system
- Promotion of purchasing best practice principles throughout the department and the organisation
- Liaison with Engineering and Quality Departments for product approval.
The successful applicant will have;
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Understands the principles of purchasing and cost-effectiveness
- Previous experience using an MRP system
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing organization.