Operations Manager – Outbound
Our client based in Washington is a successful retailer distributing products to over 70 countries; due to rapid growth within the warehouse function they are now looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager – Outbound. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for leading all operations in the outbound area of the warehouse whilst effectively managing a team of Managers / Team Leaders and circa 100 dispatch and shipping operatives. On top of this you will also be responsible for achieving and improving upon the outbound warehouse KPI’s through leading effective projects using continuous improvement / project management methodologies.
- Leading the outbound warehouse team whilst ensuring that operational processes & SOPs are followed consistently, and performance targets are achieved / exceeded.
- Ensure regular and effective communications take place within the operation so that all teams and colleagues are up to date and familiar with the outbound warehouse targets and actual performance.
- Lead by example and promote the agreed vision and culture of the business by living the company values.
- Lead and develop the outbound warehouse management team whilst promoting a positive environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are identified quickly and dealt with effectively to ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety policies and obligations are adhered to and that all Safe Systems of Work are adhered to ensuring a safe and compliant environment.
- Plan and deliver teams and colleague succession including managing performance through the agreed 1-2-1 review process.
- Leading / supporting with multiple continuous improvement projects i.e. introduction of a new WMS.
- Establish a strong working relationship with team, department managers and senior managers.
- Highly experienced in logistics and operational management.
- Knowledge and experience of RF enabled WMS system.
- Management and Manager of Manager experience.
- Experience setting department objectives and working to KPI’s.
- Experience working with project management disciplines and leading projects.
- Experience of continuous improvement activities.
- Experienced in managing Health and Safety in warehouses to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Flexibility to 24/7 work shift patterns with a variety of shift lengths and start times.
- Full driving license
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
A competitive salary is offered coupled with staff discount, 33 days holiday, company pension and voucher schemes coupled with opportunities for professional development.