Warehouse Operations Manager – Inbound
Our client based in Washington is a successful retailer distributing products to over 70 countries; due to rapid growth within the warehouse function they are now looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager – Inbound to join the team. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for leading all operations in the inbound area of the warehouse whilst effectively managing a team of Managers / Team Leaders and circa 30 stock and inventory operatives. On top of this you will also be responsible for achieving and improving upon the inbound warehouse KPI’s through leading effective projects using continuous improvement / project management methodologies.
- Leading the inbound warehouse team whilst ensuring that efficient inventory management, operational processes & SOPs are followed consistently, and performance targets are achieved / exceeded.
- Ensure regular and effective communications take place within the operation so that all teams and colleagues are up to date and familiar with the inbound warehouse targets and actual performance.
- Lead by example and promote the agreed vision and culture of the business by living the company values.
- Lead and develop the inbound warehouse management team whilst promoting a positive environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are identified quickly and dealt with effectively to ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety policies and obligations are adhered to and that all Safe Systems of Work are adhered to ensuring a safe and compliant environment.
- Plan and deliver teams and colleague succession including managing performance through the agreed 1-2-1 review process.
- Leading / supporting with multiple continuous improvement projects i.e. we are introducing a new WMS.
- Establish a strong working relationship with team, department managers and senior managers.
Essential Skills: -
- Highly experienced in stock and inventory management.
- Knowledge and experience of RF enabled WMS system.
- Management and Manager of Manager experience.
- Experience setting department objectives and working to KPI’s.
- Experience working with project management disciplines and leading projects.
- Experience of continuous improvement activities.
- Experienced in managing Health and Safety in warehouses to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Flexibility to 24/7 work shift patterns with a variety of shift lengths and start times.
- Full driving licence
The ideal candidate will preferably be Degree qualified or equivalent coupled with a health and safety qualification, IOSH desirable from a retail background. A competitive salary will be offered coupled with staff discount, 33 days holiday, pension scheme, voucher schemes and opportunities for professional career development.