Location: Greater Manchester
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Our client is a leading manufacturer based in the Oldham area and an opportunity has arisen for a Conversion Manager to join the operations team. The main purpose of the role is to efficiently manage and report the Conversion Process and to ensure optimal safety of operation, complying to plant standards. Thus, encouraging quality and continued improvement of output. Other duties will include the following: -
- Operate machine condition and calibration systems – machine condition, machine calibration, OEM surveys and supplier fingerprint activity.
- Engage with other plant departments for continuous improvement of practice e.g. waste reduction, performance packaging and development of new products.
- Encourage the use of Manufacturing Techniques such as 5S, SMED, CIL and Kanban to boost improvement of techniques.
- Analyse down time and producing monthly plans to decrease continuous down time.
- Ensure quality and appropriate quantity control of all output.
- Ensure the operation of company health, safety and hygiene procedures.
- Work with other functions to develop control checks.
- Aim to find solutions to reduce costs including collaborating with additional suppliers.
- Create a motivating work environment which promotes continuous improvement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience with corrugated or paper packaging
- A passion for Continuous Improvement