Extension Recruitment are currently looking for CNC Turners to join an established Tyne and Wear subcontract machining company. This is a fantastic permanent opportunity offering highly competitive rates and overtime.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reading drawings in imperial and metric sizes
- Understanding tolerances, geometric tolerances and surface finishes
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, plug gauges, screw plugs and ring gauges
- Ability to run a range of CNC turning machines with Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidenhain and Hitachi Seiki Control.
- Be familiar with selecting the correct turning insert styles and grades for a range of materials
- Be familiar with cutting a wide range of materials including Non Ferrous, Aluminium, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Inconel and Titanium
- Follow SOP
- Have a can-do attitude and work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to work overtime when required to suit customer requirements
This is a shift based role on the following 2 week rotation:
·Days – Monday – Thursday 7.30 – 16.00
Friday 7.30 – 12.30
·Nights – Monday – Thursday 19.00 – 4.15