Our client is a successful and ambitious software developer in the North East who are currently looking to expand their team with a Software Business Development Manager based in Scotland. This role is offering a basic salary of £35,000 with an OTE of £70,000 per annum.
As part of a growing sales team, this role will report directly into the Commercial Director and will manage the whole sales cycle from lead generation, drafting proposals, demonstrations to post-sale account management. This role will require a genuine consultative approach in order to fully understand prospects requirements.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assist in defining sales plans for your territory and then meet and exceed sales quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Accountable for the acquisition of new clients over a predefined market territory.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales
- Manage the delivery of product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers with our technical sales/support teams.
- Assist in widening brand awareness by becoming a ‘thought leader’ within target markets.
- Utilise various sales techniques to approach new prospects
- Prepare presentations, commercial proposals, bid proposals, and service level agreements
The successful candidate will have;
- 5+ years of experience in a software sales or SAAS related role in B2B environment
- Proven experience in cold calling and opening up new business in both SME and large Enterprise accounts
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Existing senior contacts in SME’s and IT departments of large Enterprise accounts within your territory
- Excellent listening, questioning, language, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management within the client organisation